THE INFORMATION WE GATHER ABOUT YOU
The information we learn from you helps us make it easier for you to order food from the restaurants listed at 411eat.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site and/or give us in any other way except for your credit card number and related expiration date, which we delete from our systems once a short period of time passes after the completion of your order. You have the option of not providing information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future ordering of food for you, improving the websites of the restaurants that are listed at 411eat.com, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information when you order from the restaurants listed at 411eat.com. For example, if you choose to activate the feature that automatically inputs your order information (such as your name, phone number and delivery address), a cookie will be stored on your computer that allows us to automatically display this information the next time you decide to place an order with one of the restaurants listed at our site. If you choose to not activate this information, then no cookie will be stored on your computer.
- Email Communications: To make the emails we send you more helpful, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from 411eat.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: Please note that we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser in order to enable our Web servers to recognize your browser and to provide features such as automatically inputting your order information when you order from a restaurant listed at our site.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of 411eat.com's timesaving features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
DOES 411EAT.COM SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about the people who use our site is an important part of our business, and we are not in the practice of selling such information to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries that 411eat.com controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Restaurants Which We Do Not Own or Control: We work closely with the restaurants that are listed at 411eat.com. With respect to each restaurant listed at our site, we share all ordering information related to your order with the particular restaurant owner that is involved.
- Agents: In certain circumstances, We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to
perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers
to selected 411eat.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When
we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not
want to receive such offers, please contact us at the address set
- Business Transfers:
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that 411eat.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of 411eat.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 411eat.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share that information.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- We work to protect the security of your information
during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which
encrypts information you input.
- With regard to your credit card information, for security purposes
we delete your credit number and credit card expiration date from our systems once a short period of time has passed after the completion of your order. Please note though that we do transmit the entire credit card number and
related expiration date to the appropriate restaurant or credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to
your password and to your computer. In particular, be sure to
completely close and exit the browser program you are using when you
are finished using 411eat.com's site.
The restaurants listed on 411eat.com's site do not sell food items for purchase by children. They sell food items for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use 411eat.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
If you choose to visit 411eat.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at 411eat.com, please send us a thorough description to email@example.com, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the
Conditions of Use will change also. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless
you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to
see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy
Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your
account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will
never materially change our policies and practices to make them less
protective of customer information collected in the past without the
consent of affected customers.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You provide most such information when you search, order, participate in questionnaires, or communicate with customer
service. For example, you provide information when you search
for a food item; place an order with a restaurant listed on
411eat.com's site; provide information about your account, such as
your email address, birthdate, or other related information;
communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; complete a
questionnaire. As a result of these actions, you might supply
us with such information as your name, address, email address, and
phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have
been delivered, including their addresses; and financial
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
login data; email address; password; computer and connection information such as
browser type and version, operating system, and platform; referring
site; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to,
through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number;
products you viewed or searched for; restaurant sites you visited; and
the phone number you used to call our service number. During
and collect session information, including page response times,
download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction
information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods
used to browse away from the page.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Examples of information we receive from other sources include
updated delivery and address information from third parties such as
restaurants, which we use to correct our records and make sure that
your next order is delivered more easily; account information,
purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from
some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for
which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
search term and search result information from some searches conducted through
the Web search features offered by 411eat.com; search
results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from
Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to
help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services
to some customers.
- 515 South Figueroa Street, Suite 340
- Los Angeles, CA 90071
- phone: (213) 622-4247
- fax: (213) 622-7002
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org